Saturday, October 20, 2012

SAYING GOODBYE - CAPE TOWN TO DUBAI




written on the 6th of October
 
It was so sad to say goodbye at the airport but I felt so loved that I was ok, and am so grateful for technology. We will all still be so connected. Emirates was so impressive, such yummy food, great movies, but very squashed. The service is so amazing and the technology onboard mind blowing. When I fly home I will just make sure that I check in online earlier so that I can have an aisle or window seat. I was squashed between 2 large Arab men the whole way, sweet but quiet.

I watched the new Spider man moving, it was so disappointing, the same story almost exactly. Then I switched to a Woody Allen, When in Rome, and then in Men in Black 3. Finally, I watched some Modern Family for a laugh.

The food and drinks were so good, not like airline food at all and real silver cutlery. I was so surprised that they have a full bar. I was also so impressed that they have a charity foundation and take donations onboard. That really fed my soul.

Dubai airport is revolting, just shops after shops after shops and super expensive and not very helpful, but then we must remember I don't like the shops normally any way.

I had McDonalds for breakfast and had a chuckle at the arabic writing on the packaging.I had your favorite Cayla, McChicken, so I took a pic of the box so you can see it in Arabic.

I jsut cant wait to leave for Saudi now, still 5 hours til take off, but I am reading my Gobii so much and loving it.
My husband, Nazeem (Zeem) and I about to say bye for now

My beautiful children, Tarna, Keanan and Cayla
Me and the kids
My beautiful family
One huge Emirates plane
Arabic McChicken, where is Cayla?

No comments:

Post a Comment